The Practice of Chinese Medicine: The Treatment of Diseases with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, 3rd edition, describes the application of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory to the diagnosis and treatment of 48 diseases, conditions, and disorders, including common, chronic and acute conditions that clinicians may see in their practice. A new full-color design brings the text to life, and reorganization of content makes navigation easier. Case studies offer realistic insights and illustrate the range of diagnosis and treatment choices the practitioner can make. New Clinical Tips provide practitioners additional content and images in order to diagnose and treat diseases.
This text brings a wealth of insight in applying TCM in a Western context, and supports all clinicians whatever their own range of experience.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Tips have been added to several chapters to enrich existing content with additional details and diagrams.
- New discussion on sexuality in Chinese medicine.
- Updated Clinical Trials and references.
- Updated Western differential diagnosis sections.
- Additional tongue photos aid in diagnosing diseases, based on Chinese medicine protocols.
- UNIQUE! Add Red Flags feature that lists symptoms that may necessitate a referral to a Western physician.
- Updated images
- Full color
- Reorganization of material for easier access