Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A comprehensive text for Acupuncturists and Herbalists
This comprehensive and scholarly work presents an explanation of the theories of Chinese Medicine in relation to clinical practice, as well as information on creative adaptation of Chinese Medicine theory to Western clinical conditions.
The author combines scholarship with a readable style and well-structured content that can be read through or used as an easy clinical reference. By including the clinical use of over 200 acupuncture points and discussing many previously neglected aspects of Chinese Medicine, this is the most-detailed and comprehensive textbook of Chinese Medicine available in English.
The Contents include:
- Yin and Yang
- The Five Elements
- The Vital Substances (Qi, Blood and Body Fluids)
- The Functions of the Internal Organs
- The Causes of Disease
- Identification of Patterns according to the Eight Principles
- Identification of Patterns according to Qi-Blood and Body Fluids
- Identification of Patterns according to the Internal Organs
- Identification of Patterns according to Pathogenic Factors
- Identification of Patterns according to the Five Elements
- Identification of Patterns according to the Channels
- Pathology in Chinese Medicine
- Principles of Treatment
- Principles of Combination of Points
- The Five Transporting (Shu) Points
- The functions of specific points
- The Extraordinary vessels points
- The functions of the points
Second Edition and Third Editions available.